“Human Resources isn’t a thing we do. It’s the thing that runs our business” Steve Wynn
Human Resources is the key driver in your operation and is vital for your business sustainability and success.
In the same breath, Human Resources is normally seen as a real drag and tends to be stored in file 13 until the fateful day comes when you need to discipline an employee.
But it goes so much deeper than that and the starting point for any Spa is to ensure that you are complying to the Main Agreement (link http://hcsbc.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Collective-Agreement-Area-A.pdf).
So first things first….
- Has your organization registered with the Bargaining Council (an application for an Exemption must still be presented to the Council should you fall into this category)?
- Do you ensure that your employees complete daily attendance registers?
- Do your employees receive a monthly payslip?
- Have your employees received a copy of their employment contract?
- Are 3rd party payments remittance advice kept on file (i.e. Council fees, Sick Pay Fund)?
- Are you complying to the minimum salary scales Classified per area?
- Are you keeping employee records on file (both personal and payroll records)?
- Are you not exceeding the maximum number of 10 overtime hours per week?
- Are you complying to the leave provisions (annual leave, maternity leave, compassionate leave, sick leave, family responsibility leave)?
- Are the following employment acts displayed in the workplace namely the BCEA (Basic Conditions of Employment Act), LRA (Labour Relations Act), EE (Employment Equity Act) & OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety Act)?
- Are your Disciplinary hearings procedural and substantially fair?
Don’t sweat if you have answered NO to any of the above questions….
Spa Sense is here to help YOU we are PASSIONATE about PEOPLE and we WILL ensure that you are sorted from a compliance perspective…. give us a shout on 072-087-9633 or email email@example.com and we will do the rest. Let us take your HR to the next level….one less thing to do on your check-list.
Until next week…. cheers for now x
*Source Government Gazette No 10770 vol 628 Main Collective Agreement HCSBC*
*Spa Sense will assist with Employee Induction & Orientation Program’s, Disciplinary hearings, Grievance matters, Employment contracts, Policy formulation, Performance Management, Performance Enhancement Programs, Employee Recognition Programs, Change Management, Employment Equity reports, WSP/ATR submissions, Labour Consultation & advice/support.