Bargaining Council…. the word is mentioned, and my head is muddled give me much needed strength and support I hear YOU say……
Don’t fear, we will unpack this for you as neatly and concisely as we possibly can…
What is the Bargaining Council?
The Bargaining Council regulates employment conditions and provides peace, stability and standards within the Hairdressing, Cosmetology, Beauty and Skin care Industry.
It applies to all services performed in any establishment across Southern Africa.
How does the relationship work?
What are the functions of the Bargaining Council?
- Conclude and enforce Collective Agreements (“Main Agreement”)
- Prevent and resolve labour disputes
- Establish and manage a dispute resolution fund
- Promote training and education schemes
- Establish and administer Funds to benefit their parties/members (National Pension Fund, Sick Pay Fund (SPF))
- Confer Workplace Forums with regards to any additional matters that require consultation
- Provide Industrial support services within the industry
- Develop and submit proposals on policies and laws that affect the Beauty, Cosmetology and Hairdressing Industry
Why must MY Spa register to form part of the Bargaining Council?
- As per the provisions of the Main Agreement no Spa may operate without registering and complying with the Main Agreement, therefore you are obliged to register your establishment.
- To be effective the Bargaining Council requires active role players in the Industry to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the Industry.
- Your employees are your number one asset, therefore invest in them and comply to the provisions of the Main Agreement as it outlines their conditions of services.
So, there you have it I know that it seems like a mouthful…. register with the Council it’s the right thing to do!!
Spa Sense is here to help YOU we are PASSIONATE about PEOPLE and we WILL ensure that you are sorted from a compliance perspective…. give us a shout on 0799205953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the rest. If you need Spa Sense to assist with the registration process and ensure your compliance, then give us a call on 0799205953 and we will take the pressure off you and avoid a possible compliance order imposed by the Council on your Spa.
Until next week…. cheers for now x
*Source Government Gazette No 10770 vol 628 Main Collective Agreement HCSBC*
*Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995*
*Spa Sense will assist with Employee Induction & Orientation Program’s, Disciplinary hearings, Grievance matters, Employment contracts, Policy formulation, Performance Management, Performance Enhancement Programs, Employee Recognition Programs, Change Management, Employment Equity reports, WSP/ATR submissions, Labour Consultation & advice/support.